Photo credit: Tom Szczerbowski / Getty Images Sport
Author: Jon Kuzma
Interested in earning a free share of stock? Join Robinhood at goo.gl/gSP2Dd
5. Baltimore Ravens- Baltimore lost the entire core of their defense when C.J Mosley, Za’Darius Smith, Terrell Suggs, and Eric Weddle all chose to leave in free agency (Weddle was cut). Offenses have a lot less to fear with those players gone and that means Lamar Jackson will have to take on even more responsibility to keep this team in the hunt. The additions of Mark Ingram and Earl Thomas should help but will it be enough?
4. Los Angeles Rams- Ndamukong Suh isn’t coming back and that will cause a lot of problems for Wade Phillips’ defense. Los Angeles also lost Rodger Saffold and John Sullivan on the offensive line so Jared Goff won’t have as much time to let plays develop downfield. The Rams did sign Clay Matthews and Eric Weddle to come in and give this team a boost but neither guy had a good season in 2018. Matthews and Weddle will be a year older too..
3. Kansas City Chief- The Chiefs will have to overcome a tough off-season if they hope to go on another deep playoff run. They lost Justin Houston and Dee Ford which was their two top pass rushers this past season. When you also factor in that Tyreek Hill could have a suspension looming it proves Kansas City is declining. Andy Reid is hoping that the addition of Tyrann Mathieu can minimize some of those problems.
2. Houston Texans- The worst thing about the Houston Texans was how inactive they were. They retained Jadeveon Clowney but there were no additions that really stood out. Houston lost Tyrann Mathieu, and Kareem Jackson which will set them back quite a bit. They did add Bradley Roby and Matt Kalil but they’re losing ground in the AFC South.
1. Miami Dolphins- Miami had the worst off-season out of any team and it’s almost like they’re okay with tanking. Ryan Tannehill, Danny Amendola, Josh Sitton, Frank Gore, and Ja’Wuan James are no longer with team. That’s a lot for the new coaching staff to overcome and the Dolphins already had the 31st ranked offense in 2018.
Charity of the day: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Go donate! www.lls.org
Here’s a list off all the teams that are heading in the wrong direction after a bad off-season.