Embed from Getty Images
Photo credit: Grant Halverson
Author: Jon Kuzma
5. New England Patriots- New England has taken a big step backwards. It’s hard to bet against Bill Belichick but this team is in bad shape. If they do finish last in the league. Trevor Lawrence would be a nice consolation prize.
4. Carolina Panthers- Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski’s arrival in the NFC South means Carolina will face an uphill battle. Keep in mind they were already last in this division a year ago. If they’re the worst team in football then it’s bad news for Teddy Bridgewater.
3. Detroit Lions- The Detroit Lions are always bad and sooner or later it’s going to fall on Matthew Stafford’s shoulders. Stafford isn’t the problem in the Motor City. But Trevor Lawrence will be too good to pass up.
2. New York Jets- New York isn’t a very good team and they don’t seem to have a game plan. They’ll probably stick with Sam Darnold. However it’s hard to see them finishing any better than 6-10. That at least puts them in the conversation for the first overall pick.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars- Gardner Minshew has shown a lot of promise. Unfortunately the Jaguars haven’t done a good enough job of building around him. Instead Jacksonville focused on their defense this off-season. And it could come at Minshew’s expense. Even if it isn’t his fault.
Honorable mention. Cincinnati Bengals- They just took Joe Burrow. But Cincinnati will still be near the bottom of the league. Will they be tempted to dump Burrow for Trevor Lawrence? It’s possible but unlikely.
Charity of the day: Food and Water Watch
Go donate! www.foodandwaterwatch.org
DISCLOSURE: This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.